Saturday, October 25, 2008

And the winners are. . . . Oh -- and a craft project!

The lucky winners of my lavender dryer sachets are Sophie and Keyomi! Yay! :) Just send your mailing address to me here, and I'll ship your new sachets to you next week.

I know this blog has been pretty sporadic lately. . . I do apologize! I'll have to give you a big update next week.

Until then, how about a weekend craft? Seriously, this will take you maybe fifteen minutes (for the first one.) And why did I say "first one?" Because these are completely addictive. . . and would make great Christmas ornaments, for those of you that like to make your own. (Sophie, I almost fainted when I saw this post in your blog! lol! Yours are SO adorable!)


I made these for a recent swap, and the birds are, from left to right, a blue bird, a robin (see the red breast? awwww. . .) and a cardinal from Texas (the bandanna fabric.)

I first saw these in my Design*Sponge newsletter, as a mobile -- I MUST make myself one! (And they used the most gorgeous fabrics ever!) My girls actually made several of these before I got a chance to make a single one -- that's how simple these are. Owen snatched one, and now it's his favorite chewing/teething toy! These are great for kids, decorating, ornaments. . . . so fun! To go directly to the pattern, click here, and download the pdf pattern from the left side bar. Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I've been using your dryer satchets and love them so much! But I wanted to tell you what else I use them for. I put them in between my clothes in my luggage when I travel so that way my clothes doesn't have that humid trapped in luggage smell. It's wonderful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you!! WOW, I have never won a blog competition before. I am so excited.
    I don't actually have a dryer, I am planning to use them in my drawers and in the wardrobe.
    BTW, the birds are addictive. I like your pattern much better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..that is soo neat. thank you! cant wait for them to arrive. My email is spellbound18@hotmail.com

    can you pls email me ur email. the link in this post didnt work.

    and awesome birds. soo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i also mentioned you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!