Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More swap shirts!

My fantastic partner, QuiltersBlock, received the t-shirts I made for her cute little tot in the Week of Baby Onesies Swap! (That was lightning-fast delivery for the USPS, wasn't it??) This swap was a challenge for me theme-wise because her interests were so very different from mine. She said that they liked science, math and brainy themes. . . . my weaknesses! They are also fans of Dr. Who, whom I had to look up to see what that meant. I just had so much fun with this swap!

OK. . . enough yapping already. Here are the tees I sent her:


This shirt has a freezer paper stencil of Dalek from Dr. Who. I was kind of proud of it, as I drew it myself! OK, so it's not super-complicated; I just don't have much confidence in my drawing abilities.

A cute robot applique with her initial:

A happy water molecule. . . the light in this photo makes the shirt look orange, but it's more of a coral color:

My favorite shirt, apple pi:

And a flask of happy cherry goodness, done in reverse applique:


As for techniques and tutorials, the stencil and applique tutorials are already listed on the left-hand side of my blog. You can find a tutorial for reverse applique here. It's not the one I used, but that's just because I made mine up as I went along, and it's pretty much like she described in the tutorial anyway.

I had a great time making these, and organizing this swap. . . . so I plan to organize another soon! If you want in on that action, drop by from time to time to keep posted on sign-ups! If you are not a member of Craftster, but want to join in all the fun we have there, why not sign up?

4 comments:

  1. Just when I thought your stuff couldn't get anymore cuter or more beautiful you come up with these?? I actually loved Dr Who when I was a kid so I thought the Dalek was awesome, but my favourite is the robot, such a happy sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tyke is the *very* lucky recipient of these fabulous shirts! I am totally in love with every one of them! The dalek is awesome, but I didn't realize until reading your blog that you drew it! Thank you so much for the wonderful shirts!!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, LOVE the water molecule haha!!! What a super-cute idea! :) xo!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!