Monday, September 29, 2008

Another swap item!

NO PEEKING, TRICIA!!!






I signed up for the quarterly gift swap for our Etsy street team, Etsy Texas Crafters. My partner had mentioned liking my poppy ipod cozies months ago, so I decided to make her something related to that. I wanted to make her a tote that was large enough for shopping, trips to the gym, or pretty much whatever. The tote had to be tough, yet pretty, and able to be folded or rolled up for storage. So here is what I came up with:


This tote is similar to the Gathering autumn tote I made last week. . . that tote was actually the prototype for this one! I used new (but donated and rescued) fabrics for this tote. The poppies are made from a 100% wool sweater that I fulled and recycled. The stems are made from ribbon ends that I have left over from a large sachet order (I tie a tag on each one.)

I sooooo wanted to keep this bag! I wish I had better photos, but these colors seem to be hard for me to photograph, especially on the white background.

I loved the lining fabric, too! I don't have enough of it to make another tote, though. I may make one of these totes for my shop, but with a different lining.

Tonight, I'm finishing up 2 dozen cupcake pincushions for a California boutique, and a few things for the Newborn and Pregnant Swap. (I can't wait to share those cute swap goodies with you!) Now I'm off to sew!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations on the pin cushion order, that's fantastic! I think everyone should own one of your pin cushions.
    Love the bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! Love the lining fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO COOL About your pin cushion order!! Convo'd you about a pajama pant pattern ~ let me kow what you think.
    Toodles for now!
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts