Monday, August 25, 2008

My back-to-school ETC Design Challenge entry

I began working on this yesterday afternoon. It almost beat me. I picked this up again last night. And it almost beat me again. But I kept working at it..... and here it is:

It's made from 100% reclaimed fabrics, and reinforced with heavy-duty interfacing for shape and durability. I drew and stencilled the octopus. I like how it looks old and worn already.

It's large enough for big binders, notebooks, and/or some text books. It also has two pockets on the inside -- one skinny double pocket for a cell phone and pens or pencils, and a wider pocket. I also made a wider handle for comfort in carrying. There's a loop with a split-ring for keys on the inside side seam.


I did have fun with this challenge, and look forward to next month's theme! Be sure to drop by Etsy and search keyword DESIGNCHALLENGE to see all of this month's entries.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!