Friday, August 1, 2008

Hot day, Coldplay

Can it ever be too hot to go to the thrift stores? I'm not sure, but today may have come close to defining that point. It was over 100 degrees here today. The heat index was 111. Dry heat. Like an oven. Awful.

I didn't want to go out in the heat, much less take the little Monkeys with me, but I had to get another piece to complete a custom order. We had to go. Once at the thrift stores (and in the air conditioning,) we had a great thrifting day. Lots of great fabrics and finds. I also dropped by our church's annual garage sale, and hit the jackpot on books... a bag for a dime. Like a garbage bag -- for 10 cents! This was snuggled in among the books:


The date on the back says it's from 1947. It's in pretty good condition; just a little brittle. I plan to frame it and hang it near my workspace.

And now I can't get enough of Coldplay! I love their song, Viva la Vida. (Again, I've been living under a rock.) And the funny thing? I thought their new album cover looked very familiar, but wasn't sure why.

Until I looked over my stack of book covers, soon to be made into wallets:


Pretty neat. It was a good day, in spite of the heat.

2 comments:

  1. what a great find that pattern is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern find! Ugh... try to stay cool in all that heat!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts