Sunday, August 31, 2008

ETC First Monday Sale! And pincushion swap spoiler! No peeking, Calster!

It's time for our monthly First Monday ETC Sale! Dozens of our Etsy Texas Crafters members' shops are having sales, freebies and discounts beginning tonight at midnight, and lasting until midnight on Monday!

Please join us in our forum thread here, to see the list of all of the participating shops, and even join us for a little chat!

I'll be offering 20% off everything in my shop! (excludes shipping)

Shhhh! Swap spoiler alert! Calsters, stop now!

My partner in the Pincushion Swap said she liked Dia de los Muertos themes --- YAY! I couldn't wait to get started. She also requested a medium-sized pincushion, and likes red, orange, yellow, purple, black and white. Sooo... this is what I came up with:



As you can see, it's quite a bit larger than a bottlecap, my usual pincushion base. I also used some trim around the sides, instead of knots or beads. I really like that look, but am not happy with the seam bulge on the side. If I ever use the trim again, I'll have to come up with a way to layer that seam and make it lie flat. This pincushion is weighted with a small pouch of lentils inside, in addition to being stuffed with polyfil. I'm so excited about it, and hope she likes it, too!

I'm having so much fun with these swaps! I'm probably going to host another pincushion swap as soon as this one wraps up, so if anyone's interested, check back here for sign-up information!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This is wonderful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pincushion! I think your partner is going to be so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that is SO cute!! lucky partner!!!! :) I definitely want to be in on the pin cushion swap next time, what a fun idea!!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your swap partner will love it! It looks awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts