Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

My sweet husband had the day off today, so I was able to focus on sewing and let him mind the Monkeys. It was so nice to be able to sew during daylight hours... and not have to stop every 5 minutes to fetch goldfish crackers for Monkey 7, or negotiate whose turn it is to do the dishes -- Monkey 2 or 3? Did I mention how sweet my husband is?

I have several totes cut out already, so that made production even speedier. I really love the colors in this tote:

This tote is a custom order.

I love the way it turned out.... and check out the interior! So pretty.

And of course, my favorite:

I have barely enough fabric to make myself a Frida tote similar to this one. Of course, the fabric layout will be different, and mine will have a brown and turquoise batik fabric for the lining. I can't wait until I can carry a tote of my own!

I was hoping to sew a few more totes tonight, but as it's very late now, I suppose that will have to wait until tomorrow......

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I LOVE your totes! they look like the perfect shape and size to hold everthing i would need!
    and i love the fabrics you use!
    -<3 nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the totes! I also have to ask - when do you find all this time (and energy) to be so productive? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, nicole!

    Stacy, I'm a night owl (or insomniac?) and have been for as long as I can remember. Although I'm up with the sun because of the Monkeys, I'm not fully functioning until noon... even with coffee! I just like to work at night, when it's quiet and work is uninterrupted.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!