Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some pretty fantastic news!

I received some pretty fantastic news the other day in a little Etsy convo... they selected me to be a Featured Seller! I actually screamed when I read the convo, and my entire family came running! This was always a dream of mine... not a goal, but a dream. So amazing, and so exciting.

That's the reason for the frantic sewing! I managed to whip up a little more than 20 wallets. Here are a few of them:



I have about 20 more wallets in production. I hope to work on those tonight.

We also worked on my totes. My sister cut fabrics for hours for these. We even made another last-minute run to the thrift stores for more fabrics... not that I really needed any fabrics (or an excuse to go thrifting!) Here are a couple of totes:



I also hope to work on a couple more totes tonight, as well.

I am a little sad that I didn't have time to re-stock my pincushions. I miss making them, and would love to have my pincushion section full of them!

Well, I'd better get back to the sewing machine. More later!

12 comments:

  1. hey! just wanted to tell you that i read your interview from etsy. I love your blog. I love your little man! Though, I cannot imagine finding out a week before my c-section that she was a he... though i didn't find out the sex of my daughter until 33 weeks. She had her legs crossed the whole time :) Anyway, he is simply gorgeous and I love your stuff (and am highly jealous of your craft space!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on being a featured seller! How totally awesome!!! Your work is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually came here from your interview!! Great job and congrats! Your shop is great, as is your blog and from the looks of it, your products!! Congrats and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog via Etsy featured seller. Congratulation! Lovely baby photos. My daughter is 4 now so no longer a baby.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and I love your handmade things. The wallets are very special.
    But whenever I try to sew tapecovered paper, the needle gets all sticky. How do you avoid this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, I just read your Etsy interview! I've admired your things on Craftster and Etsy and you've got a great blog too! I will soon be moving to the heart of Texas. It's all new to me - what's your favorite things about the fine state? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was checking out Etsy this morning when I did a double-take and said, "Hey, I know that adorable goldfish pincushion!" So I just wanted to say congrats, and that I am so bummed that your fantastic green and yellow tote is gone. And the Animal Farm wallet I should have bought forever ago.
    I bet your whole family is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I have been watching you quickly run out if items to sell! They are going to fast, how wonderful! Good luck, and take care, fellow etsian!

    Darryl
    www.artisandesignsdtb.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog! Congrats on being a featured seller! I loved reading your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi there.
    i too came here from your etsy interview. my jaw dropped as i realized that you have 8 monkeys total. incredible. when i read about your discovery with owen being a boy not a girl, i laughed because the same thing happened to me. ingrid was two weeks overdue and they were talking about a c-section and when the ultrasound technician asked us what we were having, she seemed to enjoy contradicting us. so ingrid became nico. but truly, i am in awe of you. congratulations.
    best,
    tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts