Monday, June 2, 2008

Bird pants, a Sale, and a feature!


Lots to write about today....
Remember when I ordered this adorable Alexander Henry fabric, and the first thing my 4 year-old said to me was, "I'll have some bird pants, please?"
I sat down to make those pants for him the day before Owen was born. I don't know why I procrastinated -- they only took 15 minutes to make from first cut to last stitch. Super-easy!


He wore them every day I was in the hospital having the baby. And then for an entire week after that. We had to sneak them out of his room to wash them! I have to say they were a success with him!

Time for our Etsy Texas Crafters First Monday Sale!

Please check out our team blog to see the latest and greatest sales going on today... until Midnight tonight! Almost 70 shops are participating this month, so you're bound to find something you need/want, and at a fantastic price! I updated my little ETC Etsy mini (on the right,) so be sure to take a peek at my favorites from my fellow team members' shops.

As for my shop, I'm offering 20% off your entire order (excludes shipping.

And a blog feature!

I was featured in our team blog! Exciting! Please check it out here.

Other news...

I've been so busy with baby Owen lately, I haven't had much time to sew. I did manage to whip up a bunch of lavender dryer sachets...

I also made up a neat custom order for a sweet lady....


It felt great to be back to embroidery and light sewing again! I've really missed it. I have a pincushion to make this week (and a whole huge batch of wallets) so let's hope (pray) Owen lets me get some sewing done!

An aside....

Owen has been super-fussy/gassy lately, and having to be rocked constantly. He wasn't able to sleep peacefully or for long periods of time. He's already on a soy formula due to a lactose allergy. I'm wondering if a milk-based/lactose-free formula might be better? Someone recommended using aloe vera juice -- just a few drops -- to help with the gas. I gave him a few drops a couple of hours ago. Let's just say he is now sleeping... peacefully... and I'm here typing (with two hands) without him propped on my shoulder or snuggled in a sling. Ahhhh......

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am convinced now that you are Superwoman...you made those pants in 15 minutes flat??
    girl, you are my new seamster hero.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!