Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our little one is here! And another surprise...


Our newest Monkey arrived Wednesday afternoon! His name is Owen Thomas, and is perfect and healthy. He weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce, and is 20 inches long.


This is the first time I got to hold him.


He has lots of hair -- and it's the same color as mine!

One more surprise....

His delivery went very well. This child is no stranger to giving his parents surprises, so he had to give us just one more as he made his debut into this world. Owen was delivered via c-section. Moments after being lifted out of the womb, my doctor lifted the baby up over the surgical drapes so I could see him. The anesthesiologist further lowered the drapes for better viewing. My dear Owen took full advantage of the moment, and peed -- right into my face. As many of you know, in a c-section, your arms are secured out to the side, and you are absolutely unable to move -- or shield your face from a little shower. The anesthesiologist also was showered, and he and I both laughed and yelled that Owen was indeed peeing on us. The doctor didn't immediately move the baby, as he didn't understand what we were shrieking about. The entire OR broke out in laughter. It was generally agreed among the staff that out of the hundreds, no, thousands of babies they'd all delivered, they had never seen that happen. They would always remember this delivery. Of course, I will, too.


He and I came home yesterday. He is eating and sleeping. My husband, kids, sisters and in-laws have been taking very good care of me and baby, so I am resting and recovering nicely so far. Thank you again for all of your well-wishes and prayers. I'll be back in touch soon.

4 comments:

  1. He's an absolute doll, congratulations!!! (and came out peeing?!? Wanted to make sure it was ABUNDANTLY clear that he's a boy, I suppose :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! So glad Mom & Baby are both doing well!!! And the shirt little Owen is wearing in that last pic is just adorable! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We so have to get our boys together - not only do they share a birthday, but as soon as they came out, they peed on mom. Although, mine just 'christened' my chest!

    Congratulations, he's very handsome!
    -stacysews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, hollylynne, milly and stacysews!

    Stacysews, that is TOOO funny! What are the odds?? Congrats on your little bundle! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!