Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Only a few more additions before she's here

According to my Due Date Countdown widget, I have only 14 days until my littlest Monkey arrives. I think I'm going to have to take a "maternity leave" from my Etsy shop before then. I wasn't planning to slow down until around the 22nd, but my doctor says the little one may not wait until then. I know that babies come on their own schedule, and that really, she can come any day now. However, all seven of my other Monkeys have arrived several days past-due, or had to be induced around the actual due date. They liked it in the womb, I suppose. But with this pregnancy, I was counting on having the time between then and now to get my list of Most Urgent Tasks completed. How silly of me!

I am planning to keep my shop open while I am "away." My sweet husband will be handling the orders and shipping, but I won't be adding any more new additions until at least mid-May.

I have several things I need to make for the little one, before she arrives:

  • crib bumper
  • crib skirt
  • car seat cover
  • diaper bag
  • mobile
  • felt food gift for jealous toddler Monkey 7, from Monkey 8, of course

YIKES. I have finished a sheet for her crib. One sheet. I've purchased (or was given) several others that will match the imaginary bedding I have in my mind. And OOOH I can't wait to finish and show you that bedding -- the pink with the tiny goldfish. The sheet is adorable!

A few additions to my shop:

I finished this tote yesterday. It turned out much cuter than I had imagined:


A couple of wallets were finished up, including this this Agatha Christie novel wallet:

And this (very young) Jack Nicholson wallet, from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest:


I also made this needlebook a few nights ago:


It is made from a very soft recycled wool sweater, and has three "pages" for needles, and a little pocket for tiny scissors.

I'd better go and get busy! I have another tote in the works, and four ipod cases ready to be pounded... but the pounding will have to wait until tomorrow. I don't want to wake the Monkeys.

4 comments:

  1. I love the tummy picture!! Wow. You have had seven children?! How do you do it? That is great!! I hope everything with your pregnancy goes well! Don't stress on getting things done, thats for your hubby to take care of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the soon-to-come little one! Fantastic work with the wallets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you've managed to make so many beautiful things with 7 children and one soon-to-arrive! Look forward to seeing the new Monkey soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just now realized you have a blog! one more to add to my daily check in list :) SEVEN monkeys?!!?! and a very sucessful Etsy shop?!? do you sleep? ;) good luck with the crib projects, i hope you post pictures when you're done!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!