Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Monkeys are on the mend, and a new tote

I kept thinking the Monkeys were recovering, but I was wrong. Every day, when one child would begin to perk up and feel a wee bit better, another child would come to me with flushed cheeks, 102+ degree fever, and a head ache/ear ache/sore throat/(insert complaint.) I was beginning to lose hope that life would ever return to normal.

But today marks Day 2 of Fever-Free Living. Thank God! And thank you to all of you who emailed your kind words, and for your prayers. Your sweet sentiments are deeply appreciated!

My new tote is finally completed....

This tote is constructed from 100% cotton fabrics, and from 100% reclaimed fabrics. Some khakis and skirts were transformed into this:






I also whipped up this sweet little pouch last night... perfect for springtime!


This pouch is constructed from a little cotton sun dress, a lemon-yellow cotton lining (from a skirt,) an invisible zipper (new, but rescued from the thrift store,) and a sweet yellow felt flower applique.

I'll be posting a new wallet tomorrow -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts