Monday, March 17, 2008

Baby bibs!

Well, I spoke waaaayy too soon about the Monkeys getting better. THREE of them developed secondary infections -- double ear infections, and two of the poor babies had ruptured ear drums. They've all been on antibiotics for a few days now, and really are feeling better now.

I was able to complete all of my projects for the Preggo/Newborn Swap this weekend. I was sewing for two identical twin baby girls -- FUN! I was pretty happy with the way things turned out. Here is one set of items I made:




I used this simple, free pattern from nested. I just omitted the pocket on the front. I used this tutorial by jayneysews (on Craftster) to do the applique. I'd never done applique before, so it's definitely not perfect, but I still liked it.

You can download my free printable applique pattern, if you like it!  I also have a carrot, apple, and a pod of peas drawn out for bibs, as well.  My next post will have a brief tutorial on how to make the appliques.
I have so much more to post... it will have to wait until the Monkeys are in bed and asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts