Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fruit bib applique pattern and tutorial



I want to share my appliqued bib with you!  Both the bib and the applique were fairly easy to make, so if you'd like to make one, too, here's how I did it. . . .

I used this super-simple pattern to make the bib itself.

Next, you can download the pear shown above, plus a cute carrot, apple, and pea pod, from my printable HERE.  Totally free, totally safe.


  • Once you downloaded and printed the pattern, cut out the desired fruit pattern.
  • Cut 1 piece from fabric, and one from fusible web.
  • Fuse your fabric to your bib, following the fusible web's instructions.  
  • Embellish or embroider the face, stem, and any other details on the fruit now, using embroidery floss (2 strands) and whatever simple stitches you like using.  Keep it simple!  These bibs are going to have drool and food splatter all over them, so this doesn't have to be a masterpiece.  ;)
  • Finish your applique with a close zig-zag stitch around the outline of the fruit (like I did, and like this easy tutorial demonstrates.  
  • You can also do a rough applique, where you sew a simple straight stitch just inside the edge of the fruit.  SO easy!  And that's it!
And now the swap stuff. . . .

I am so excited about what I received from my lovely partner, Jaclyn, in the Preggo/Newborn Swap on Craftster! She totally spoiled me with these adorable baby booties for my baby:



She even shared the pattern! You can find it here. I can't wait to make some myself!

And I am so excited about these bibs she made for me. They are very well-designed.... wide for extra coverage, and topped with vinyl for easy cleanup!



I just love the hand-stitched details on the binding!



Next, I found this sweet hat and super-cool blanket inside my package!




And last, but not least, a cute little bunny for my littlest Monkey to play with! She said it's a Wee Wonderfuls pattern!



This swap was definitely one of my favorites! I'll be sharing more of what I sent to her in a later post. Have fun crafting!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts