Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Finally -- the eco tote, and a FANTASTIC Etsy shop

I finally sat down and made one of the eco-friendly totes I mentioned in a previous post. I designed it myself, and had drawn up the pattern when I made the first one for a swap. Well, during one of our cleaning sprees, one of the Monkeys threw all of the pattern pieces away -- except for one. Luckily, the one surviving piece was an important piece, and I could reconstruct the pattern from that. But it wasn't easy -- it took a lot of drawing and redrawing and adjusting to get it all to fit together. Here is the finished product:

I am really happy with the way it turned out! I already have another cut out and ready to be assembled. I hope to get to that one tonight!

And you just have to check out this FANTASTIC Etsy shop -- Rose of Sharon Acres. I first heard about her shop in the Etsy forums, during one of our ETC First Monday promotions. I was in the market for some natural soaps for myself and for gifts, so I thought I'd try out some of her products.

I first tried a sampler pack of her special all natural/mostly natural goat milk soaps -- Tea Tree, Lavender and Oatmeal, Pumpkin Spice, and Sandalwood Vanilla. I was hooked! My hubby loved the Sandalwood Vanilla -- it has a sexy, masculine scent. My favorite is the Pumpkin Spice. And our skin is sooo soft!

I purchased some full-sized bars next, including Orange Spice -- yum! All of the soap recipients loved them. You should really try them out.
The most unique items in her shop are the Tooth Chips. I was intrigued by the name of the product alone! After reading her product description, I decided to try them... I started with a little sample. One word: AMAZING. Everything she says in her description is accurate and honest.

So then I ordered three full-sized orders of tooth chips. My husband and kids use the Neem-formulated tooth chips (Orange Cinnamon and Cinnamon,) and I use the Neem-free Peppermint variety (due to my pregnancy.)

The results: All of us have noticeably whiter teeth. I am a coffee addict (half-caff, thanks to baby #8), so I did have trouble getting my teeth white. Not any more! We all have healthier gums and fresher breath. We no longer use "regular" tooth paste. (We forgot to bring out tooth chips with us on an overnight trip, and had to use regular tooth paste. It was disgusting.) The full-sized orders of tooth chips are very generous; although I ordered them in December, we have about half of the containers still full, and each of us brush our teeth at least twice a day. Well-worth the money, and a great value.

And the shop owner? Monica is so professional, and as sweet as can be. Please drop by her shop and give her amazing products a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!