No big Valentine's Day plans for us. Actually, when I was out shopping the other day, I was sickened by the aisles and aisles of garrish, cheap-looking Valentine junk. I told my dh that I didn't want any part of that. I know he loves me. He shows me every day.....
- He shows me by always wanting to hold my hand, or touch my hair, or pamper me in innumerable ways... even when I'm cranky and tired.
- He tells me I'm beautiful, even when I'm carrying a child the size of a watermelon in my belly... and he means it.
- He shows me by supporting my crafting, which can carry on until the wee hours of the night... with (hardly) a complaint.
- He shows me by surprising me with ice cream at midnight when he comes home from work... and I've been craving it.
- He shows me by working 50+ hours a week to support us... at a job that is very stressful.
I'm beyond blessed to have such a wonderful husband and friend, and he's an amazing father to all of our monkeys. I don't need the flowers or (especially) the balloons. I'm showered with much more valuable, and precious, gifts. I do have a weak spot for chocolate though. But that's every day. And don't worry -- the monkeys still celebrate the day with too much candy.
OK... enough mush.
I did finish up the other tote last night... this one was done in reclaimed khakis:
I like that it doesn't look recycled. At least, that's the look/feel I'm going for.