Friday, January 4, 2008

Today's new pouch, and Shop Makeover, part 2

I finished another little zippered pouch today....

This pouch is made from a cute little skirt I found at the thrift store. I took it home, washed it (thoroughly!) and then proceeded to cut it up to make this birdy pouch. As soon as I saw the skirt, I saw the bird and the pouch... funny how things work out like that.

And now for Shop Makeover, part 2...

I don't really have anything to report, other than a brand-new link on the Storque about more renovations for our Etsy shops. It's a great article! Some of the recommendations made in the article are already used my shop, such as:

  • keeping the shop announcement short (and to the point) so that your featured items will be seen immediately
  • to use your Profile as a space for all of your shop's policies (custom orders, shipping, returns, etc.)
  • I did work on my descriptions, which I mentioned in yesterday's post.

The hardest thing for me now is remaking my avatar, and probably my banner, too. I tried to work on it today. For two hours. My mind is blank. (So I fooled around making new Etsy Texas Crafter avatars for my First Monday Sales instead. Those stank, too.) I'm having graphic-maker's block. I'm trying to imagine what would best represent my shop. The one constant in my shop is my use of recycled materials. Maybe an idea can grow from that. Tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I love your shop...and the blog is great. Is it possible to do an avatar with the recycle logo on top of one of your colorful items? In the meantime, I'll be cleaning up my shop announcement and moving my policies to profile. It's been on my mind and you gave me the much needed push. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (And the same goes for your shop & blog!)

    And good luck with the shop cleaning... keep me posted on your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your new pouch! Very pretty : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts