Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A sweet blog mention, and a new pincushion

I had a nasty flu-ish bug last week... since about Thursday, I think. (It has been a miserable blur.) But this is such a pick-me-up --

One of my sweet customers recently purchased my last vintage quilt piece needlebook... and she loved it enough to mention it in her blog here. That makes me so happy! Thanks, Carolyn!


I won't be making any more of these needlebooks, though. The quilt pieces were all hand-pieced years ago, and very irregular (read: difficult to work with.) I will just have to find some other use for them.

I just added a new pincushion to my shop today:

It's another Dia de los Muertos pincushion -- this time worked in a Valentine color theme. The base is a recycled bottlecap, and I used the rescued (but new) embroidery thread for the designs. The felt, polyfil and beads are all new, though.

I made three more water lily pincushions yesterday. Here's one:


I plan to work on some more pouches tonight, although I can't decide if I want to make some of the zippered pouches or the ipod pouches.

Or maybe these...

Last year, I had participated in a Trash to Treasure swap on Craftster, where we made our partner some items from recycled materials. I made my lovely partner, Ali J (talk about talented!) this large tote bag:

The denim and pockets are obviously taken from recycled jeans.... no shortage of those around here. The lining once had a life as curtains, that I picked up at a church garage sale. The bird fabric is new. (And I am so in love with that fabric!) I made the pattern and design myself. I was sick of seeing the blue jean butt bags, and wanted to make something different. I've been thinking about making some of these for my shop. I even have all the necessary fabric washed and ready to be cut. I don't know what my hesitation is, though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts