Friday, December 28, 2007

Package from Tokyo, and a new pouch

Several days ago, I ordered some awesome fabric from this Etsy shop, Karaku Tokyo, and received it yesterday. First, my package came beautifully wrapped in a soft, almost fabric-like paper, tied with gold and silver mizuhiki, and included a hand-written thank-you note, some lovely yuzen wooden pins (like these) and a set of 4 coasters... and of course, my amazing fabric!
I LOVE text, and graphic fabrics, and the fabric I ordered is exactly what I wanted....
The item description said the graphics are of advertisements. They are rather large. The fabric is a heavy cotton fabric -- almost a cotton duck. I will probably make a baby sling for our new little one, or maybe a diaper bag....?

This seller was so lovely to work with -- great communication, high-quality product, and sweet enclosures. Please pay her Etsy shop or her website a visit soon to see all of her lovelies for yourself!
My new pouch was listed this morning....




The pouch is made from a recycled wool sweater, a heathery charcoal grey, that I fulled. The elephant is pink acrylic felt, and sewn with rescued-from-the-thrift-store embroidery thread. (I kept humming Dumbo's Pink Elephants on Parade the entire time I stitched it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!