Monday, December 10, 2007

More biscotti, more dia de los muertos

The sugar cookie dough is chilling in the fridge until tomorrow, so meanwhile we whipped up this amazing recipe for Gingerbread Biscotti. Before we deliver them to our family members, we'll be drizzling them with white chocolate and dotting them with red hots -- YUM!

These are very rich, like regular gingerbread, but dry like biscotti. And they are amazing dipped in coffee!

I finished another Dia de los Muertos ipod pouch this afternoon. I began the embroidery on it last week, but the moving escapade prevented me from finishing sooner. I listed this pouch this evening....


. . . and it sold within a couple of hours. I'd like to make more, but I am out of black wool felt. I hit the thrift stores last week, with the specific goal of finding black wool sweaters to felt, but apparently those are scarce in my town. I found one -- a single, black Old Navy hoodie sweater that just happened to fit my daughter. And of course she begged for it. And of course I let her have it. It looks really cute on her. Soooo.... I can either keep searching, or use a very deep charcoal-colored wool felt that I have. I'm not sure if it will look as good, though. I'll have to play with it and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!