Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another fab wallet, and two great recipes

I posted a new wallet I made on Friday. Obviously, it's one of my favorite subjects/themes. He said he really had fun designing this one, too. This is the second of Freddy's tattoo wallet series....

I didn't get much crafting done this weekend. We spent Friday and Saturday packing up some family members' household so they could move this weekend. I was planning to do lots of crafting and sewing today, but instead, I made Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti and chocolate truffles with the Monkeys.

These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti are soooo good! Most of these are destined for my sister's home.... these are her favorite. They are also very good drizzled in chocolate.

My Monkeys love making these truffles every year. (These run a close second to making and decorating sugar cookies. That marathon may take place tomorrow.) The recipe for the truffles is amazingly simple. After making and chilling the chocolate, we set everything up around the table, assembly-line-style -- each child picks their favorite sprinkle or topping to work with. I form the chocolate balls, and pass them to whomever needs one to sprinkle. It's fun, and we laugh and have a good time. Lots of sugar and sprinkles on the table, on the floor, pretty much everywhere. It's time well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!